Mmm! I like the idea!
This got me thinking. I have only just begun to use has tags on Twitter and am really just learning how. I have also been watching others use of the tags.
I spend a far bit of time promoting New England causes or reporting on New England stories. Here I really should use hash tags more, for we can can use them to promote New England causes and life style. But to really have impact, we need some common hash tags.
I say common hash tags because this adds to impact and creates threads that people can follow.
Any ideas on hash tags that might be used?
Locality names is one obvious possibility. However, here we may need a modifier where other places have similar names. For example, #newcastle is dominated by Newcastle in the UK, #newengland by the US. By contrast, #armidale is all armidale. So do we add oz at the end?
And what about life style or attractions?
Suggested list of initial tags based on suggestions and search:
- For newcastle, #newcastle. Despite the number of newcastle UK tweets, #newcastle well established. Adding oz or Australia likely to fragment
- For Hunter Valley, #huntervalley
- For living history, #livinghistory
- For adventure tourism, #adventuretourism
- For Northern Rivers, #northernrivers