Friday, November 05, 2010

Is the New England lion Finnish?

Yesterday in Saving New England from the dump heap of history I said that I had just done a short radio spot with Kelly Fuller on ABC New England North West on new state symbols. Finnish-colour-shield_31920109

I was pleased to find that ABC has put up a page on the story. This includes a mp3 of the interview with me plus an earlier conversation between Kelly and Max Ellis.

The interview with Max contains a very new piece of information. The New England lion was based not as I had thought on the Scottish and English lions, but on the Finnish lion! 

Now that's a new twist. There appear to be various versions of the Finnish lion; the graphic shows one.

Certainly the Finnish lion is a fearsome beast. Maybe that's just as well as we try to cut ourselves lose from NSW!

No comments: