Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Meander

For all those councils forced to merge in the name of efficiency and effectiveness, timing is everything. Faced with local opposition, the NSW State Government has decides that Uralla, Armidale-Dumaresq and Guyra councils will not be merged. Sadly, the detailed Armidale Express story is not on-line.

Down in the Hunter, the State Government has announced that it will review the operations of the Port Stephen's council.

Hat tip to North Coast Voices for their post  ABC1 "Family Confidential" episode on the Mundine Family of Baryulgil at 8pm on 20 December 2010. I suspect that most New Englanders don't know where Baryulgil is. It's an interesting story. I will do a companion post.

I am totally bogged down in my project on New England Social Change 1950-2000. I find that the only way I can get things done is to be totally obsessive until I have a roll on.

I am even boring my Express readers on it in this week's column.

It's quite exciting actually, for I think that I can say something new.

Postscript

There is fuller article on the council merger story in the Guyra Argus.

No comments: