Monday, March 08, 2010

Old news from Armidale and New England

My long standing blogging colleague Gordon Smith has added a new blog to join his photo blog lookANDsee and personal blog The MacAlba.

The new blog, Old news from Armidale and New England, provides daily random snippets from newspapers of the past, drawing from the National Library of Australia's Historic Australian Newspapers, 1803 to 1954. Here he is in fact following Lynne Sanders-Braithwaite who used the same source for irregular historical posts.

I am really enjoying Gordon's new blog. Obviously the fact that I know the area helps, but I think that most people will enjoy both the randomness and what the entries say about past life.

I was also pleased that Gordon included on lookANDsee a photo and story, Bellingen: Hospital, on the campaign to save services at the hospital. 

No comments: