Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Welcome visitor 28,000

Welcome to visitor 28,000 who came from Sydney via a Google search on inverell fire byron arcade.The post I did yesterday on the fire, Fire guts Inverell's historic Byron Arcade, attracted quite remarkable traffic. 69 of the last 100 visitors went directly to that page.

I am quietly pleased with the increased traction on this blog. Over the recent group of 100 visitors, the average number of page views per visit was 1.8, the average visit length 2:31 minutes. The average number of return visits over the last week was five per day, so that there is at least someone out there who reads the blog on a regular basis. The number of registered followers is up to seven, not a large total of course, but still nice. 

I still have something of a battle in choosing what to write about. This includes maintaining balance between current and historical events, between different areas within New England, between straight reporting and analysis.

I doubt that I will ever get the balance right. Still, I am getting a lot more feedback now including new material. This helps, because I like writing with an audience in mind.

2 comments:

Keith said...

I for one Jim would love to see you write about groups and clubs that are in the New England area. Some info on what they are, where they are, what they do etc would be great.
If you go that way perhaps you could check out the New England Colonial Living History Group.
http://historicaltrekkers.ning.com/
Regards, Le Loup.

Jim Belshaw said...

That's not a bad idea at all, LL. I have done something before on the Group just because it is different, but am happy to do some more!