Photo: Petersons Winery, Armidale.
To help people access previous material, this post pulls together previous posts on food and wine in New England up to 24 September 2006.
Preparing this post reminded me that the second New England (Northern Tablelands) Regional Wine show will be held at Glen Innes from Wednesday 4 to Saturday 7 October.
The first days of the show are only open to exhibtors, judges and officials, with public activities on the Saturday.
Gourmet in the Glen will run throughout the day at the Glenn Innes showground and include tastings, wine and food sales and a cooking display.
There will be a public tasting of the wines entered in the show from 1 to 3pm. The day finishes with the Glen Grape and Gourmet Ball.
After this reminder, previous food and wine posts to this point are:
- 1 August 2006. New England Wine Regions - Hunter Valley. Short overview of this wine region and its history.
- 3 August 2006. Regional Australia & wine. History of wine in Australia. Linked post on the Regional Living Australia blog.
- 6 August 2006. New England Wine Regions - New England Tablelands and Slopes. Short overview of this wine region and its history.
- 10 August 10 2006. New England Wine Regions - Hastings Valley. Short overview of this wine region.
- 12 September 2006. Palmerston and Petersons Wines. Story about the transformation of one of New England's historic homes by Petersens into a new guest house adjacent to their Armidale vineyard.
- History: Historical posts up to 7 September 06