Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Stockton Beach revisited

Back in 2008, I carried a post, New England Story - Stockton Beach, telling a little of the story of Stockton Beach.
Photo: Cabins threatened following erosion at Stockton Beach near Newcastle. Photo Save Stockton Beach
I was reminded of this by an ABC story Newcastle beachside cabins in danger of toppling into sea after wild weather. There have been erosion problems for some time.

I was glad to have been reminded of my original post for its quite a good yarn. Some of my points were challenged in comments and especially the existence or otherwise of Tin City. I haven't resolved this. However, Tin City remains a recognised shooting location for some of the scenes in the first Mad Max movie.

1 comment:

Greg Prosmushkin said...

Thanks for sharing this very interesting post with us. I enjoyed stopping by your blog and seeing all the informative articles. This one was pretty neat to see the location where the Mad Max film was shot at. Have a great rest of your day.
Greg Prosmushkin