My latest History Revisited column is on surfing: History revisited – how an era began. That reminded me that I need to do something about pulling together the limited writing I have done on the history of sport in New England.
To this point, the posts are:
- 19 August 2011 A visit to a Cessnock boxing tent
- 13 October 2011 The importance of tennis
- 30 October 2011 Grafton to Inverell cycling classic turns 51
- 10 July 2013 History Revisited - our love affair with racing
- 21 August 2013 History revisited - rhyme and reason for bicycle mania
- 4 September 2013 History revisited - punching sky high for big dreams in region – boxing
- 3 October 2013 History revisited - New England rode high in rodeo past
- 30 April 2014 History revisited – how an era began surfing
- 28 May 2014 History revisited – remnants of a past era – side saddle
I will try to add to this post as I go along.